Fomesafen (1.88 lb/gal) plus glyphosate 41% SL
This is to provide general directions and recommendations for handling the known incompatibility of tank mixes containing fomesafen and glyphosate based herbicides. These recommendations have been obtained from public information, as well as independent research conducted by Sharda USA. They are intended as preventative measures, recommended to prevent formation of precipitate common in low GPA applications of this popular tank mixture.
|Product||Tank Mix Product||Spray Additive||Minimum GPA||Leave Overnight|
|fomesafen 1.88||Roundup Original Max||10||Yes|
|Roundup Weather Max||MSO *||10||Yes|
|Generic glyphosate 41% SL||MSO *||10||Yes|
|Generic glyphosate 41% SL||Potash **||10||Yes|
|fomesafen 2.0||Generic glyphosate 41% SL||MSO or NIS *||10||No|
** Potash rate should be 0.9 lbs per 2.5 gal container of fomesafen 1.88
- Fill spray tank ¾ full with clean water. Begin tank agitation and continue throughout mixing and spraying.
- Add MSO, NIS or Potash – ensure completely dissolved during agitation.
- Add dry formulations (such as WP, DF, etc) to tank (if used).
- Add liquid formulation of fomesafen containing products.
- Add glyphosate containing products.
- Add nonionic surfactant or wetting agent (if used).
- Fill remainder of spray tank with clean water.
- If fomesafen & glyphosate have been mixed together and precipitate forms in the spray tank, add household ammonia at a concentration of 2% of the total tank mix volume.
- In all cases, it is best to spray entire tank in one day. Adhere to the recommendations above if spray solution is left overnight, where applicable.
- It is recommended that spray volumes of 15 GPA or greater are applied. The recommended spray volume is 10 GPA. If less than 10 GPA is used there is a higher chance of incompatibility.
- Avoid tanks mixes of fomesafen 2.0 and either Roundup Original Max or Roundup Weather Max, as known incompatibilities have occurred.
Always read and follow label instructions before buying or using these products.
Sharda USA, LLC warrants that its products conform to the chemical description set forth on the product label. NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIABLITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL APPLY TO SHARDA USA’S PRODUCTS.
Roundup Original Max and Roundup Weather Max are trademarks of Monsanto Technology, LLC.